straight razor place



If you shave with a straight razor, chances are you already know The Straight Razor Place ("SRP"). If you do not, you probably should. It is the oldest, and largest "straight razors only" online community. I happen to be a developer on the site, ie I work behind the scenes and try to make the site an ever more pleasurable place to be.




As you may have noticed reviews have started to appear on SRP witten by SRP moderators promoting Straight Razor Design products. As both SRP and SRD are owned by Lynn Abrams I felt it would be right to have a discussion on SRP about this issue whether moderators should review SRD products.

Within half an hour or so it was removed and I have been told by one of the moderators that they would not allow it back! What do you think?

Until you start collecting custom straight razors. They start at $500 USD, same as a good custom knife. Same as knives, add pattern welded steel, price doubles. Add ivory scales, $200 or so. Etc, etc. Good scales cost $100, just for a rescaling.

Want an uber rare razor such as a Dubl Duck Grim Reaper? Be prepared to shell out $1,000+ for one in okay shape. Want some fancy scales with a naked lady on them? $500+

Collecting razors is a pretty insane business. I've got a lot of them, I would know. You could probably pay for a whole semester of graduate school if you sold mine.... :oops:

Having been posting a few shaves of the day on the Straight razor place, I must say how impressive the srtaight razor photo's are on that site, and what a collection they have on show, really taken with the razors that Robert AKA the Bladerunnner, he as some pretty amazing looking razors, even though I'm a custom knife collector


One of the things that I am most proud of is that Straight Razor Place has not only grown from its humble origin into the most credible source of straight razor information, but it is a place that has a pay it forward mentality. The membership is without question, one of the most helpful and generous groups of people on the planet. SRP does not allow any vendor or individual to be trashed. They also do not allow any selling or special interests in the forum other than the vendor section. There is a great Wiki there for people to research and help build information. It is just an amazing collection of people and after 10 years, it remains a place that I like to visit every day.

0 评论: